List Tortuguero national park tours, activities and things to in Costa Rica
To serve you better, we have prepared standard Tortuguero national park tours package options available for your consideration. If they do not fit your needs, we also offer you the possibility to create your own customized package by contacting HERE. We invite you to read the tips below. Then, select one of our packages on the RESERVATIONS page or create your own.
How is a tour in tortuguero?
The Tortuguero national park forest and its freshwater channels serve as home for many mammals such as: sloths, monkeys, manatees and others. There are also abundant birds such as toucans, trogons, airens, ahingas and other animals such as crocodiles, river turtles and countless colorful butterflies, including the beautiful butterfly "morpho". The trip by boat offers the opportunity to see many of these animals very closely.
First itinerary for a tour to visit Tortuguero national park in one day
- 6.10 a.m. We start from San José accompanied by our bilingual naturalist guide.
- 7.00 a.m. Crossing coffee plantations we will continue through the Braulio Carrillo National Park, which is covered by the beauty and leafiness of its trees, beautiful waterfalls can be seen from the road.
- 8.00 a.m. Next to the BRAULIO CARRILLO National Park, we offer a delicious typical Costa Rican breakfast with fresh fruits, coffee, juice, eggs and the popular "Gallo Pinto".
- 8.30 a.m. We continue the trip and visit the banana packing plant. The guide will explain the process of growth and export of the fruit. (Saturday and Sunday closed).
- 11.00 a.m. We embarked on the dock of Caño Blanco where we began to enjoy the trip by boat. We will know the Caribbean channels that are located within the famous Tortuguero National Park.
- 12.00 p.m. We will enjoy a typical lunch, which will please the most demanding of appetites.
- 1.00 p.m. After lunch we will have a walk through the forest and learn more about nature and a better idea of our tropical rainforest, as well as a boat tour through the TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK. This park has 29,000 hectares and is one of the most important places for the spawning of the Turtle Chelonia midas or green turtle.
More than one day in Tortuguero
We also suggest a stay of at least 2 nights, to make the most of the Turtle Beach Lodge. With our beautiful beach, the pool, the canal, the paths through the jungle and the gardens, there is much to explore and enjoy, on your own or with a guide. For transportation to and from Turtle Beach Lodge and San Jose, we recommend opting for the combination of plane and boat on one road and the boat and bus on another. The following descriptions will help you understand your options for making an informed transportation decision.
Tour of 1 night / two days
Itinerary of 1 day / two nights Enjoy the Tortuguero National Park through our vacation packages. Includes: transportation to / from San José city, lodging, 3 meals per day, taxes and our best location in Tortuguero.
Check more pictures about activities in Tortugero
Travel Itinerary in two days
DAY ONE of tour at tortuguero
6-6: 30 AM
Start your adventure early when you pick it up in San Jose. Let yourself be captivated by the natural beauty of Costa Rica while traveling on a guided tour from the city to the Braulio Carrillo National Park and between the agricultural versatility of the Limón plains, which includes pineapple, rice, cattle, a tour of a banana plantation in operation and much more. (The hours vary depending on the place of departure).
Delight yourself with a typical Costa Rican breakfast on the way.
Arrival at the port and transfer to the Turtle boat. Enjoy a splendid tour of the Tortuguero River and the canals of the Tortuguero National Park on your way to Turtle Beach Lodge.
Tour to the town of Tortuguero, visit to the offices of the National Park for the purchase of the tickets
Receive a warm welcome at Turtle Beach Lodge with a refreshing fresh fruit salad and a delicious lunch buffet. Then, get comfortable in your spacious room ..
3-6: 00 PM
Explore the most popular attractions in the area, including the town of Tortuguero and a visit to the National Park office to buy entrance tickets.
Dinner buffet in the Turtle restaurant and tavern, by candlelight
Watch this tour in Tortuguero
DAY TWO of tour at tortuguero
We have coffee and cookies before going on a tour
5:45 - 8 AM
Tour of Channels
Start the day with a healthy breakfast, typical Tico at the Turtle Restaurant.
Departure, please, give the keys to your room, and liquidize your account at the hotel reception.
Departure by boat through the Tortuguero canals
Transportation to the Turtle Beach Bus and enjoy a safe trip to your next destination
We will enjoy a typical lunch delicion
3-3: 30 PM
Arrival at your hotel in San Jose. (The arrival time may vary according to the location of your hotel).
To participate in the visits each person must pay the entrance to the National Park of $ 17.00. Please note the above calendar is approximate and may vary slightly. Your guide will keep you informed about exact times and places of meeting.